News

Fog machine malfunction evacuates University Student Union

The first floor of the University Student Union was evacuated at around 7:10 p.m. tonight after the bowling center’s fog machine malfunctioned and set off smoke detectors during cosmic bowling night, according to a USU employee who requested anonymity prior to the release of an official report. 

“I was just sitting there and the alarms went off,” Cal State Long Beach freshman Chris Jimenez said. “All the students were looking around and I heard people saying, ‘Should we leave?’ Then one of the employees ran by yelling ‘evacuate.'”

Students were not allowed back in the building for 10-15 minutes following the evacuation while police searched the area, the employee said.

Upon returning to the building, students could still notice visible fog in the area.


Disclaimer: The Daily 49er is not responsible for Postings made on www.daily49er.wpengine.com. Persons commenting are solely responsible for Postings made on this website. Persons commenting agree to the Terms of Use of the website. If Postings do not abide by the Rules of Conduct or Posting Regulations as listed in the Postings Policy, the Daily 49er has all rights to delete Postings as it deems necessary. The Daily 49er strongly advises individuals to not abuse their First Amendment rights, and to avoid language suggestive of hate speech. This site also encourages users to make Postings relevant to the article or other Postings.

 

Comments powered by Disqus

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Daily 49er newsletter

Instagram